Fishing.heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing.heaven

A social network for like minded anglers, we can share our knowledge, share our fishing exploits and generally have a good social time, loosely focussed on fishing.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PL's fishing exploits

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pondlife
Regular
Regular
pondlife

Male Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PL's fishing exploits Empty
PostSubject: PL's fishing exploits   PL's fishing exploits Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 5:55 pm

Will start as soon as i got me pic thing sorted.
Back to top Go down
pondlife
Regular
Regular
pondlife

PostSubject: Re: PL's fishing exploits   PL's fishing exploits Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 7:30 am

He's a few pics from a lake in France me and DS went to in April this year, it was not a good experience to start with as the carp started spawning when we arrived and the weather from Sunday afternoon right through till Thursday lunchtime was absolutely dreadfull with stormforce winds, hail, thunderstorms and torrential rain, this was continuous with no let up which put the fish off from feeding, apart from a few missed runs at the beginning of the week the only fish out was a 37lb, 8oz mirror that luckily graced my net, caught on Monday night to a GB Bait plum and shellfish 18mm boilie. This fish was the only action untill the storm past around lunchtime on thursday.
Sometime during thursday i noticed some activity in one corner of the lake and decided to place a rod there, sort of stalking like, i used the baitboat as there was a few overhanging trees stopping a cast to where i wanted to get to, i dropped the line, chucked a handfull of freebies over the bait from the bank and waited, within no time at all i had another mirror at i think 33+lbs, then about 25 minutes later had another at 31+lbs, this made up my mind to move all my kit to this spot and finish my week here.
During the evening and night i had another 2 carp at 32 and another at i think 33+ plus two small cats one at 17lb and the other about 4lb.
Friday morning another mirror at 33+lb hit the net, then came my best fish of the week, a beautiful 42lb common, if i had only this one fish for the week i would have been happy, before we left to get here i said to bro that if i hit a big common it would be enough and i would happy even if that was the only fish. Well with the others And the biggun i was over the moon, it was, even though most of the week was disasterous it turned out a trip of a lifetime, and i still haven't got over it yet.
DS had two excellent fish during Thursday night, the biggest of the week but i will let him tell his story as he had a rougher time than me.
One thing i must say, if we had listened to the owner at the biggining of the week i think we may have had a lot more carp and cats, he told us not to ignore sweetcorn on the hook, as the carp did like the stuff, well we did ignore it and stuck to the boilies we brought with us. After trying different setups and baits it wasn't till that Thursday i decided to change to the corn, and you've read the result of doing so, apart from the first carp every other fish including the cats were all on sweetcorn, lesson learned there i think, don't ignore good advice.
By Friday dinnertime the carp went quiet and we realised the carp were about to spawn again, which they did, that was it for bites, apart from two runs saturday morning which we both missed.
After the bad start we both had an absolutely brilliant holliday, the owners who were fantastic and helped out as much as possible, the lake was a dream, the wildlife around the lake was a sight to keep you occupied during quiet times, the fish were in excellent condition and everything everywhere was well looked after.
This holiday was so good me and Bro and the wives AC and Pat, have rebooked and we're off again in September, i can't wait and the excitements giving me sleepless nights again, roll on 12 weeks time.
Oh!! yeah, forgot the pics, some of my fish pics are missing as Bro has them on his camera and he lives a fair distance away and he keeps forgetting to bring it up.

PL's fishing exploits Carpfrance5

PL's fishing exploits Carpfrance12

PL's fishing exploits Carpfrance13

PL's fishing exploits Carpfrance80

PL's fishing exploits Carpfrance41

PL's fishing exploits Carpfrance51

PL's fishing exploits Carpfrance76

PL's fishing exploits Carpfrance58

PL's fishing exploits Carpfrance28

PL's fishing exploits Carpfrance10

PL's fishing exploits Carpfrance11

PL's fishing exploits Carpfrance35

PL's fishing exploits Carpfrance34

PL's fishing exploits Carpfrance38

PL's fishing exploits Carpfrance50

PL's fishing exploits Carpfrance7
Back to top Go down
fishypaul
Regular
Regular
fishypaul

Male Number of posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: PL's fishing exploits   PL's fishing exploits Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 1:58 pm

thats a lovely looking french lake pl and some superb fish
Back to top Go down
T-rouble
Regular
Regular

Male Number of posts : 80

PostSubject: Re: PL's fishing exploits   PL's fishing exploits Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 2:09 pm

Well done mate ci

Now tell the truth....who caught the big Common for you lgh
Back to top Go down
pondlife
Regular
Regular
pondlife

PostSubject: Re: PL's fishing exploits   PL's fishing exploits Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 4:39 pm

Cheers FP, it was a lovely lake. Well TR, i don't know, i can't remember, i'll be off over there again in september, so i'll catch it again, bigger of course, and then it'll all come back to me, this time i'll have 6 witnesses and you will have to believe me then. laugh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PL's fishing exploits   PL's fishing exploits Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PL's fishing exploits
Page 1 of 1