Fishing.heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing.heaven

A social network for like minded anglers, we can share our knowledge, share our fishing exploits and generally have a good social time, loosely focussed on fishing.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Amesbury Anglers

Go down 
+3
tinytiddler
activecarper
Admin
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Amesbury Anglers Empty
PostSubject: Amesbury Anglers   Amesbury Anglers Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 pm

With this weekend being my first planned fishing trip since the season opened and Claudia off for a weekend in a bivvy hunting catfish, looks like this could be an apt song

Rain Rain Beautiful Rain - Ladysmith Black Mambazo
Back to top Go down
http://fishing.heavenforum.com
activecarper
Regular
Regular
activecarper

Female Number of posts : 236
Location : sitting comfortable, but I need to go fishing instead!!
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Amesbury Anglers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amesbury Anglers   Amesbury Anglers Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 2:45 pm

pmsl mike, can see why she's going nuts !! lol you rotten s*d lol
Back to top Go down
tinytiddler
tinytiddler

Female Number of posts : 80

Amesbury Anglers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amesbury Anglers   Amesbury Anglers Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 2:47 pm

swearing you evil bu$$er
Back to top Go down
http://www.fishing.heavenforum.com
activecarper
Regular
Regular
activecarper

Amesbury Anglers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amesbury Anglers   Amesbury Anglers Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 2:55 pm

thump domestic?? lol
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Amesbury Anglers Empty
PostSubject: A day at Britford on the LAA waters 5 July 2008   Amesbury Anglers Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 2:21 pm

With a long hard week finished at work, and Claudia off to Kent for the weekend hunting catfish, I had a weekend to myself, having been turned down for a wild weekend of passion by the girls at work, it meant all I had left to do was go fishing, what a drag!!!

I had a bit of a lay in as it was raining first thing but by 9am it looked good so off I went, two boxes of maggots in hand, a couple of pasties and some fizzy pop I travelled the 10 miles down to Britford to have a dabble on the rivers for the first time since the season re-opened.

I only took my Greys rod and a small Wychwood bait runner, some small feeders and size 16 and 18 hooks, I was travelling really light.

When i arrived there was only one other car in the carpark, so I kitted up and set off for the swim I ad been in on the last weekend of last season, when I got there I found an angler in it!! I stopped and had a chat, seems we were the only two on the river at 10 in the morning, so leaving him to trot a float downstream of the area I wanted to fish I strolled further downstream to find a likely looking spot, after about a 5 minute walk I came upon this swim

Amesbury Anglers DSC00325

Amesbury Anglers DSC00327

I catapulted a few red maggots out into the swim whilst I set up the rod and attrached a small (20g) feeder and a size 18 hook to nylon, I usually leave these at the preformed length of about 15 inches and use the light feeder so the river "trundles" the feeder along the bottom with the baited hook flowing in the current.

I cast out into the area just next to the overhanging tree and let the feeder bounce along the bottom, almost instantly the tip began to give the telltale twitches of a take, I struck into in and felt no resistance, I reeled in to find the maggots had been attacked, at least I knew there were fish in the swim.

Second cast I saw the telltale twitch and this time I connected with a small chub

Amesbury Anglers DSC00321

My river season was off to a start within 10 minutes of starting, so the day was not a blank at least.

I continued to explore this swim and was getting a fish about 1 in 2 casts, mainly small chub and the odd small dace.

Amesbury Anglers DSC00324

small chub and dace are hard to tell apart, but if you look closely you will see the dace has a pointy head and is a lot thinner in the body, tends to have a flatter back and the scales are subtly different.

After about an hour the swim was slowing down so I started casting further to my right toward the fallen tree, as the feeder hit the faster water where it flowed around the tree, here I got a cracking take and had a real rod bender, as I reeled it in I saw it was a lovely large grayling, as I manoeuvred it past the weed bed to my left the rod almost doubled and the water started to boil, a very large pike, 15 to 20lb at a guess, had grabbed the grayling as it went past.
the pike had caught the grayling mid body from above and was swimming out from the weeds, I slacked the line off to see what would happen, I was only on a 3lb 6oz hookling so did not want to get into a fight with 15+ lb of pike! i watched as the grayling went motionless and the pike relaxed its grip on it's back, when i reeled in like fury and lifted the grayling out of the water as the pike tried to pounce again, I grabbed My net and slammed it into the water to hit the pike on the head so it swam away at a rate of knots to the other bank, I rapidly unhooked the poor fish, it was probably the largest grayling I had ever caught but I did not stop to weigh or photograph it as the wounds on its back looked deep and nasty, not loads of blood so I took the descision to get it back to the river as quickly as I could so as not to stress it any further, I expected it to belly up, but it swam away well considering the ordeal it had just suffered.

Well that was that swim blown so I moved around a bit after that, caught some reasonable grayling

Amesbury Anglers DSC00329

and loads more chub but nothing over a pound, some more small dace and a minnow or two

Amesbury Anglers DSC00334

Amesbury Anglers DSC00335

Amesbury Anglers DSC00332

I finally worked my way back to my first choice of swim As the other angler had moved on and set about catching the perch I knew lived there, and first cast I was rewarded with this lovely 1lb 8oz specimen

Amesbury Anglers DSC00333

I fished on for another hour but had nothing of significance so as the wind picked up I decided to call it a day.

I had a great day on the river, the weather was fine and dry but a bit blowy, the river itself was clear and flowing well and I spoke to the bailiff ( Stuart, a really helpful guy), who said that there were only 7 people there, which considering there are 15 miles of fishable bank on an £8 day ticket ( £42 for a year for all LAA waters, or £64 for a "partners" ticket which I got for Claudia and I), was very quiet.

It is a lovely stretch and I look forward to getting my £32 worth this year fishing it on the odd evening on the way home from work.

Amesbury Anglers DSC00328
Back to top Go down
fishypaul
Regular
Regular
fishypaul

Male Number of posts : 64

Amesbury Anglers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amesbury Anglers   Amesbury Anglers Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 2:49 pm

nice one mike,i presume you will be back in the winter to tackle that pike
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Amesbury Anglers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amesbury Anglers   Amesbury Anglers Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 2:56 pm

I will certainly give it a go, there are some cracking pike on that river, I have heard of a 29 coming out last year, I think all the minnows and dace feed the smaller ones up, and the nice weedy spots give them cover, it is a really good bit of water for fish.
Back to top Go down
activecarper
Regular
Regular
activecarper

Amesbury Anglers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amesbury Anglers   Amesbury Anglers Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 3:04 pm

what a lovely day you had mike, sunshine as well, most of today here was rough... great thread, with super pictures of your catches, weldone look forward to more throughout your season.. brn
Back to top Go down
pondlife
Regular
Regular
pondlife

Male Number of posts : 108

Amesbury Anglers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amesbury Anglers   Amesbury Anglers Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 4:11 pm

Nice one Mike, glad you had a good day, that river looks enticing, well done and bet you're glad the weather held out for you, god knows where you found that clear spot it's been awful hear all day.
Back to top Go down
tinytiddler
tinytiddler

Amesbury Anglers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amesbury Anglers   Amesbury Anglers Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 11:18 am

Friday 2pm arrived and I dashed out of work, drove home, packed the car up and headed to Tonbridge to meet a few friends on a catfish meet.

Traffic was a nightmare, as soon as I hit the M25 it was 2nd gear all the way up to the A21.

3 Hours later I finally arrived at my destination, Elphick fishery in Kent, to no surprise I was the last to arrive, hence I had only a very few swims to choose from.

I took a walk round the lake, saying my hello's to everybody and checked out the swims that were left.

I was torn between 2 swims, first one was one of the first pegs, nice open water but lots of vegetation to my left which was also an unpegged area, it looked like a lovely sanctuary for the cat.

The second peg I looked at however appealed to me more, an island in front of me and another to my right, so I decided on this peg, as I was told that the carp petrol between those two island.
Ok I was after a cat but if I failed on the kitten, I would at least have a chance of a carp.

Here some pics of the view from my peg

View to the left

Amesbury Anglers DSC00309

View to the right

Amesbury Anglers DSC00310

It was getting late so I started to set up, as I wanted my rods out before dark. Around 8.30pm Mark, who fished 2 pegs to the left of me, called me over as he just landed a nice mirror of 30lb 1oz
Amesbury Anglers DSC00305

Shortly after we got a shout from Evan from the other side of the lake that supper was ready, I quickly set the rods up, ready to cast out after the meal.

Evan was kind enough to cook us all a stew which was delicious, we all gathered around his bivvy, filled our bellies with stew, washed down with a beer or two.

It was already dark when I got back to my bivvy and I haven't even wet the line yet....so I quickly put my hook bait on, size 8 hook tied with 30 braid, 22mm halibut pellet on my right hand rod.

I aimed to cast the right rod between the two island, about 10 foot to the right of the island in front of me.

The left rod had a size 4 hook tied with 45lb quicksilver, 1/4 of a tin of luncheon meat, placed in to the margin.

By then it was almost midnight and I was exhausted so quickly crawled in to my sleeping bag but sadly did not get much sleep as all I could hear was bite alarms going off, including mine, no screamers, just the odd bleep or about 4 bleeps and that was it.

I woke up at 5am after a very disturbed night and thought that a few fish must have been caught with all the alarms going off.

In fact, Mark was the only one who had a little kitten during the night, not sure how big it was but he said it was tiny.

Anyway, I just managed to put the kettle on when my right rod went off like a steam train and I was in big hope of a cat.

Sadly it wasn't but this nice common/ghosty hybrid of 15lb 1oz was also very welcome.

Amesbury Anglers DSC00307-1

Around 10.30am I had another run on my right hand rod, again a nice common of 18lb 9oz fell to my huge halibut pellet.
Amesbury Anglers DSC00312

A good start to the day I thought but then I remembered what the lake owner told us....simple rule on the lake...when the carp feed the cat don't and visa versa, so I was hoping that this carp was just an odd one.

Soon I found out that it wasn't a day for the cat....Cakey had a few carp during the day, despite the bright sunshine and clear sky we had.

Amesbury Anglers DSC00316

Amesbury Anglers DSC00314

Amesbury Anglers DSC00313

I think the rest of the guys were struggling but later in the day I watched Chris ( a blind guy) at the opposite bank land a nice 12lber.

Mark also had another carp of around 15lb I think.

Evening broke in and it was time for our social get together with a cracking BBQ.

Here a few pics
Amesbury Anglers DSC00320
Amesbury Anglers DSC00319
Amesbury Anglers DSC00318
Amesbury Anglers DSC00317

And not to forget the cutest guy of all.....Ashley
Amesbury Anglers DSC00321

Chris's beautiful Labrador guide dog.

Well, after consuming farrrr to much food and ale which Gary brought specially for me, (spoilt for choice, spitfire, hobgobling,bishop fingers etc)
it was time to head back to the swims, baiting up again and getting ready for the night.

This time I slept right through and didn't hear a single bleep....I'm not saying there wasn't one, I just didn't hear it...maybe it had something to do with the one or two bottles of ale I had lol.

Cakey woke me up around 6.45am to say his good bye as he was setting off home early, so I decided to start packing up too whilst brewing up, as we had heavy rain forecast.

Soon one by one were starting to leave, I was all packed up besides my rods and chair, as I decided to fish until around 10am, still in hope for a kitten.

Then I saw some action on the opposite bank, Dannyboy managed a nice 26lb cat and 2 more carp shortly after, I'm not sure who and how many everyone caught but I believe only 4 out of 15 blanked, so all in all a great weekend.

Ok most of us didn't get out catfish but hey, there is always another time.

A huge thanks to Colin and Sue for organising this meet, Evan for a lovely stew and Gary for his delicious chilli (no wonder it was a wee bit windy after lol).

Thought of the day:

Don't forget the lobworm when fishing for cats.....and kit-e-kat only attracts 4 legged kittens lol

Elphick is a well run fishery, very clean beautiful kept nice pebble pegs and even a metal dustbin on each peg, I can really recommend this fishery for all who would like try a new venue.

Last edited by tinytiddler on Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
activecarper
Regular
Regular
activecarper

Amesbury Anglers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amesbury Anglers   Amesbury Anglers Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 11:23 am

what a great session you had tt, and some cracking fish, sadly not the cat you were after, but reading through you all had a great time, weldone to everyone.
Back to top Go down
T-rouble
Regular
Regular

Amesbury Anglers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amesbury Anglers   Amesbury Anglers Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 1:26 pm

Well done TT and a good report.

I take it you failed to catch a cat then.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Amesbury Anglers Empty
PostSubject: A few bars of gold on a Sunday morning   Amesbury Anglers Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 9:14 am

I had wimped out of the boat rip on Saturday as I had been away most of the week, so rested up, but decided I would have a Sunday early morning session, I grabbed a pint of maggots Saturday afternoon, had some old maggots that had gone to casters in the fridge so an early morning awaited me.

7-30am found me in the carpark at Britford, first man on the banks. I headed off to the old river section and decided to do some exploring, My plan was to fish a few different swims to see what was there. I was travelling light again, single rod and reel and a net, small rucksack for bait and pasties and a fold up chair.

I found my first swim and lightly baited up and watched as the float dived under oh so gently, no blank today, had a blank busting minnow, this was to be the first of many, it was a minnow plague in the first three swims I tried. I did manage some small grayling to about 12 oz, and some small chub and dace under 8 oz.

I was spending about 45 minutes in each swim before I moved on to explore the lower reaches of the old river. I finally found a real cracking looking swim, I had by this time changed over to the feeder as the river was running fast and coloured, I met Stuart, the bailiff, whilst he was on his way to open the sluices, this had dropped the level by about 6 inches.

Here is the swim

Amesbury Anglers DSC00342

there is slack water behind the tree and the fast flow can be seen running along the line of the tree.

the plan was to cast the feeder into the slack water and draw it into the flow at the cut, this should be a good feeding area. I pre baited the swim by catapulting maggots and casters into the tree so the would drip feed into the swim as the tumbled down through the branches.

first cast into the slack water and as I began to draw back to the cut the rod tip exploded into life and the definite bounce of a chub take. I tightened up and thought " I must be snagged up!", the rod tip just bent round then I felt the kick of a good solid fish on the line. After what seemed an age I managed to draw the fish across the fast water and work it upstream to my net, I was a lovely bar of golden chub, And when i got it into the net it tipped the scales at smack on 4lb

Amesbury Anglers DSC00339

I had got a new PB, so that was a good outcome for the day.

I continued to fish this swim for about 2 hours, watched by a very curious herd of cows

Amesbury Anglers DSC00341

I had 8 more chub out varying from 3lb to 4lb 2 oz ( pushing that PB a bit higher)

Amesbury Anglers DSC00343

This was a long lean fish and would not be surprised to see this being a seriously good fish in the autumn when it has some more weight on it.

I was nearly out of bait and it was just gone 2pm so made the decision to pack up and head home to get a Sunday roast in the oven, I had a lovely morning on the river and had some great fish out, a really successful trip, I really am getting my money's worth out of my ticket this year.
Back to top Go down
tinytiddler
tinytiddler

Amesbury Anglers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amesbury Anglers   Amesbury Anglers Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 9:30 am

Well done to your PB chub Mike, a lovely fish.....Britford holds some hidden treasures.

I will try to get a late afternoon/early evening session in sometimes this week, as I still haven't managed to get to the river since the season started.
Back to top Go down
T-rouble
Regular
Regular

Amesbury Anglers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amesbury Anglers   Amesbury Anglers Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 9:49 am

Congratulations on your PB Mike.You had a good few hours then,well done.

Good report as well ci
Back to top Go down
activecarper
Regular
Regular
activecarper

Amesbury Anglers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amesbury Anglers   Amesbury Anglers Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 10:27 am

smashing report mike, and weldone for beating your pb on the chub, some good pictures to accompany it. brn
Back to top Go down
pondlife
Regular
Regular
pondlife

Amesbury Anglers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amesbury Anglers   Amesbury Anglers Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 11:34 am

Nice one Mike, it's a good feeling upping your pb, great fishing mate.
And well done TT on you're trip, i'm sorry but i missed your post.
Back to top Go down
tinytiddler
tinytiddler

Amesbury Anglers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amesbury Anglers   Amesbury Anglers Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 1:59 pm

Relaxation after work

Boring day at work, lovely weather so I decided to have a couple of hours at my local River the Hampshire Avon.

4.30pm clock out and straight of to Britford to explore a little more of the 'old river'....rather then fishing the navigation stretch, which I usually do.

Arriving at 5pm, loaded with a rod, reel, small bag with some terminal tackle, pint of maggots, small unhooking mat, landing net and a digi cam I bought second hand and off I went to take a stroll.

I walked downstream for a while to a part of the river I haven't seen nor fished before, eventually I found a swim I liked the look of, a lot of overhanging trees and bushes.

Amesbury Anglers P1050005

Water levels still high, lots of colour in the water and flow still turbid.
Truth to be spoken, I was more looking forward to the peace and tranquillity on the river bank for a couple of hours and I wasn't too bothered about catching huge amount of fish, so I set up my quiver tip with a small 12g maggot feeder, 4lb mainline, 3lb hook length size 18” hook.

I cast the feeder on the edge of the fast flow to gently let the current roll it downstream until it settled.
I knew it would have been better to trott a float but I wanted to sit down and relax for a bit plus the overhanging trees would have made it a little difficult to cast a float without risking to get caught up in them.

I didn't have to wait too long before my first twitch in the rod tip.....a minnow, soon to be followed by another dozen of those pesky little fellas.

After an hour or so I managed to feed the little rascals off and soon after the dace, chublets, grayling and perch took over.

Nothing bigger than 8-10oz but still a pleasant couple of hours fishing and relaxing.

Here are a few pics of some of my catch
To be honest , I have no idea what species this is..when I saw it first I thought it was a small grayling with a deformed mouth...but not so sure now
Amesbury Anglers DSC00342

Amesbury Anglers DSC00343

Amesbury Anglers DSC00344

And here a couple of scenery pics

Amesbury Anglers P1060016
Amesbury Anglers P1060015
Amesbury Anglers P1060010
Amesbury Anglers P1060018

Around 9pm it was time to pack up and take a slow walk back to the car whilst enjoying such a beautiful stretch of the Hampshire Avon.
Back to top Go down
T-rouble
Regular
Regular

Amesbury Anglers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amesbury Anglers   Amesbury Anglers Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 2:08 pm

Nice one TT ci
Back to top Go down
pondlife
Regular
Regular
pondlife

Amesbury Anglers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amesbury Anglers   Amesbury Anglers Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 3:13 pm

Well done TT, you;re cetainly putting the time in, that littlun you're unsure of is a gudgeon, lovely pike bait they are, stays swiming around all day, unless it gets nabbed by a toothy.
Back to top Go down
activecarper
Regular
Regular
activecarper

Amesbury Anglers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amesbury Anglers   Amesbury Anglers Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 3:29 pm

now this is a lovely thread tt... those scenery pictures are superb, weldone on your catches, and its also nice to know you managed some chilling time. fish2
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Amesbury Anglers Empty
PostSubject: Sunday Roast.   Amesbury Anglers Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 1:57 pm

Well today was probably the hottest day of the year sofar, and guess which pair of muppets decided to go and sit in the sun dangling some maggots, yes Claudia and I.

We had decided to do a really early start, I left Claudia in charge of alarms, so that plan failed and we finally hit the river at about 8am, I seriously needed a break today, after what must have been the worst week of my life for ages, two car accidents, my brother having a relapse on his cancer and me resigning from my job( they refused to accept it and I have a meeting with the directors at 9 on monday morning to make a final decision).

Having met a man and his son setting up in the carpark swim, and briefly chatting to them,they were new to the waters so we gave them a bit of guidance and left them to some father son bonding.

Off we trotted to some favourite swims at Britford, I was just setting up and the local river residents must have decided I was providing breakfast, as they moved in and waited for me to start feeding the swim.

Amesbury Anglers DSC00358

I just waited a short while and they moved on, but not before they had trashed the first swim, I half heartedly loaded a maggot feeder and cast out to the deep hole I know behind the fallen tree, hoping that the big grayling might still be there.

A few casts later, after a distinct lack of bites I got a lovely twitch in the rod tip and after a short fight I reeled in my blank buster

Amesbury Anglers DSC00359

A pristine little perch of around the pound mark.

There was a slightly jealous look from the lady in the next swim, she was still blanking at this point.

I carried on here for a while, getting some small salmon parr, chublets and small grayling, nothing of note but some light relief from the stress of the week.

Soon I decided that it was drying up in this swim so I headed off to my favourite chub swim, the sun was blazing by now and all the "experts" say that chub are not caught in the bright sunshine, so I was not confident.

I soon set up and cast out into the flow and watched the feeder gently roll along the bottom, I had come down to the smallest feeder I had, 12 grams, as the flow on the river was a lot more gentle than I am used to there, and even then this small feeder was only just being moved by the current.

Suddenly the feeder began to motor down stream, maybe it was a bit of fast water, but no, it was a medium sized grayling the had taken the bait

Amesbury Anglers DSC00360

this was about 12 to 14 oz, in this heat I was not hanging around unhooking and weighing fish as I did not want to distress them too much.

then Claudia appeared, she had blanked in the first swim and had moved downstream of me, hoping to fair a little better.

Next cast brought the desired effect for me, a satisfying twitch, twitch, tip bending over, chub bite. I headed straight for the snags and I steered it away and managed to get it into centre stream, then it seemed to stop the fight and let me bring it into the net, I kept it in the net in the water whilst I wet the unhooking mat and weigh sling, I also called Claudia over to get a decent photo ( she has not downloaded it yet) and I weighed this in at 2lb 13oz.

I soon had a second chub of 3lb 7oz

Amesbury Anglers DSC00362

the bites were thick and fast, each time they would give in very quickly and come to the net, i had half a dozen like this before the bites stopped in that spot, all between 2 and 3 1/2 pounds. I cast around the swim a bit more and found some more grayling, dace, small chub and some small perch. I did find a spot to the far right of the swim that had a few big chub in it, both that I caught were more serious in the fight and did not submit so easily as the first ones did.

Eventually this swim died and I decided to head for a swim on the way back to the car, I phoned Claudia, who by this time had moved further downstream in search of a swim with some willing fish in it, it sounded like she was finally getting bites and was bringing in small chub so she was going to hang on there for a while.

I headed up to my final swim and played for the last hour or so using up my bait on small dace and chublets, I did see one large trout a few feet infront of me, but it would scoot off as soon as the feeder hit the water, and return as I reeled in, I was in plain sight of it and it seemed unfazed by me.

Finally we set off home in search of cold drinks and icecream, but the aftersun lotion was more needed, we have both come back with a good dose of sunburn, and the temperature sensor in my car said it was 32 degrees as we drove back, funny that we saw no other anglers all day.

At least I have dispelled the myth that chub do not feed in bright sunlight, and I hope I have settled the bad luck I have had for the last week.

Roll on next week, things can only get better.
Back to top Go down
activecarper
Regular
Regular
activecarper

Amesbury Anglers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amesbury Anglers   Amesbury Anglers Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 3:04 pm

well mike, sorry to hear you have had a bad week, but nice that you were able to get out and chill, and get in some much needed fishing, which always makes things seem a bit brighter.

some good catches, with a nice write up. weldone guys.
Back to top Go down
claire_s_p
claire_s_p

Female Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Amesbury Anglers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amesbury Anglers   Amesbury Anglers Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 12:24 pm

A great report Mike and a great way to get over a terrible week, the fish must have made it even better Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.reels-on-wheels.org
Admin
Admin
Admin

Amesbury Anglers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amesbury Anglers   Amesbury Anglers Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 1:57 pm

Well we both had last weekend as a quick trip chubbing on the River Avon, so this weekend we decided at the last moment to take a trip to Todber Manor and fish Park lake.

The weather was not good, wet and windy ( thinking , reminds me of some one, can't think who though), but we went for it any way.

What can I say, it was probably the busiest days fishing I have ever had. The fish were taking every bait we threw at them, Boillies, sweetcorn, luncheon meat, glace cherries!

It was too busy to use two rods, Claudia tried and kept getting double headers, I had 3 fish in the time it took to smoke one roll up, without relighting!

It was a hectic day, loads of carp upto about 8 pounds, they were extremely fiesty, they would go off like rockets, often taking the hooklink out. I nearly lost my rod when one flew and the baitrunner did not engage properly.

I had about 40 carp, 5 roach, 3 tench and a bream, Claudia had loads of carp too.

It was almost too easy and it became a bit boring, I look forward to fishing somewhere different next week that might be a bit more of a challenge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Amesbury Anglers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amesbury Anglers   Amesbury Anglers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Amesbury Anglers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next