Fishing.heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing.heaven

A social network for like minded anglers, we can share our knowledge, share our fishing exploits and generally have a good social time, loosely focussed on fishing.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hunny I'm hommmmmme again

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tinytiddler
tinytiddler

Female Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Hunny I'm hommmmmme again Empty
PostSubject: Hunny I'm hommmmmme again   Hunny I'm hommmmmme again Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:17 pm

After all the manic of x-mas and New Year and a long suffering with a painful stiff neck (everybody say awwwww), I finally managed to have my first session in over 6 weeks.

As I have mentioned before, a very Dear friend bought me a lovely centrepin for x-mas, so today was the day to give it it's first trial run.

Due to the cold weather I decided to stay close to home, so my chosen venue was Lords Walk, a local stretch of the Hampshire Avon.

Kitted up with the smallest amount of gear (trust me, I can do small, surprised myself), a swift dash in to the tackle shop for some bait and off down to the River, arriving midday.

I was surprised to see 3 other Anglers there, I thought everybody would be back at work now and I would have the river ALL to myself...oh well.

It's been nearly a year since the last time I fished the stretch and I didn't recognised it. A lot of work has been done to make better access to it.

Anyway, I found a spot which looked ideal to practise the wallis cast without getting tangled in overhanging trees or bushes.

The water was slightly coloured and running a nice even pace, so I choose an 4AAA Avon float, bulk shot about 5-6inch above the hook, #16 hook on a 2lb hook length.

I started to feed around a dozen maggots every minute during set up to attract the fish, which worked a treat as I had my first fish on my second cast.

First Grayling of the day

Hunny I'm hommmmmme again 5b613245

Only a small one but very welcome.

Day day went on and kept hitting in to the Grayling about 15 Yards downstream, I suspect that there was a depression about 2 foot away from the bank, as I was catching there continuously.

A couple more pics, they came in all different sizes
Hunny I'm hommmmmme again 5e316224

the biggest of the day, aprox 14oz-1lb

Hunny I'm hommmmmme again 06def3d2

Around 15:00 hrs I had another take, which was a little more feisty than one of a Grayling, this one was kicking and taking line, I knew instantly I was in to a trout

A nice brownie of aprox 1lb

Hunny I'm hommmmmme again 60005d0a

A few more Grayling followed and by 16;00 hrs I couldn't feel my fingers any more, it turned so cold that even the landing net froze up.

Time to call it a day, happy with the result of 19 Grayling, a brownie and slowly getting the hang of the wallis cast.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fishing.heavenforum.com
claire_s_p
claire_s_p

Female Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Hunny I'm hommmmmme again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunny I'm hommmmmme again   Hunny I'm hommmmmme again Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 1:55 pm

Sounds like a great day out and a great catch to with it Smile and well done on using a new technique, I'm a bit stuck in my ways LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.reels-on-wheels.org

Hunny I'm hommmmmme again
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fishing.heaven :: Freshwater fishing :: Rivers and Canals-
Jump to: