Fishing.heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing.heaven

A social network for like minded anglers, we can share our knowledge, share our fishing exploits and generally have a good social time, loosely focussed on fishing.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chesil again

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tinytiddler
tinytiddler

Female Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Chesil again Empty
PostSubject: Chesil again   Chesil again Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 4:57 am

Well, Paul my work mate and I am are off to Chesil again tomorrow...I'll be trying to catch my first Garfish and if I'm lucky even a Trigger fish.

We will be fishing from around 3pm until midnight, weather looks perfect, so let's hope the fish are playing balls. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.fishing.heavenforum.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Chesil again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chesil again   Chesil again Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 11:41 am

Good Luck
Back to top Go down
http://fishing.heavenforum.com
claire_s_p
claire_s_p

Female Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Chesil again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chesil again   Chesil again Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 8:42 am

Good luck I look forward to a report full of fish Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.reels-on-wheels.org
fishypaul
Regular
Regular
fishypaul

Male Number of posts : 64

Chesil again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chesil again   Chesil again Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 2:01 pm

best of luck twiddles
Back to top Go down
tinytiddler
tinytiddler

Chesil again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chesil again   Chesil again Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 7:40 am

Saturday at West Bexington

As our trip last week to West Bexington got called off due to bad weather, Paul aka Tiny1976 decided to give it a go this weekend. Weather conditions were great and tides a perfect for what we had in mind.

Hight tide around 5pm, lowest tide around 11pm, perfect for having a few hours daylight fishing.
My target were the Garfish, as I had never caught one so far and still needed for the species hunt.

I met up with Paul at Weymouth angling centre to pick up the bait I ordered and a few other things (well, you know me, can't walk out a tackle shop just with bait ;-)

Soon after we arrived at our destination, now I have never fished WB before, so I wasn't too sure what to expect. Paul warned me that we will have a bit of a hike to get to a snag free spot.

To cut a long story short, the walk nearly killed me lol....about 3/4 mile walking on shingle with all the gear really tested my 'old ticker'....and the walk almost won lol.

Paul was already set up and fishing by the time I got there :-(

Once I caught my breath I started to set up, one rod with a popped up rig for the Garfish, the other with a pennel rig with mackerel strips.

I fished close in for the Garfish only around 45 yards, the mackerel strip went out as far as I could cast (so not much further lol)

My second cast with the Garfish bait which was small mackerel strips resulted in my first Gar...yipee, mission acomlished, 1.5 points for the cat and twiddle
Chesil again B4e37f90

During daylight I managed 4 Garfish and two mackerel, which will come in handy for pike bait ;-)

Paul also managed 2 Mackerel but no Gar......ironic is, he can't short cast I can't distant cast lol....we make a great pair pmsl.
Chesil again 37f53aca

Soon the sunset showed it's beauty of the sea
Chesil again Ab89b0ad
Chesil again 33e418f1

Time to change rigs and try for anything else that's willing to take a free meal.

I kept my pennel rig and kept swapping bait from mackerel strips to squid topped with lug.

On the other rod I put a one up one down, again changing bait between lug, rag, sandeel and mackerel strips.
Paul was chucking his roads out around 100-120 yard and soon picked up the fish, a cod of around 3.5-4lb, sorry no pic, he put it back before I mananged to take a photo, then he was pulling the doggies in too and I think he almost emptied the sea of the pout lol.

I got plagued by those little blighters too, here are pics of 2 I'm not sure off what they are
Chesil again Eea6eef3
and
Chesil again C98ad3bd

I can never tell the difference between poor cod and pout lol.

Last fish of the evening for me was doggy so another 1.5 point for the cat and twiddles

11pm low tide and time to pack up and head back home...........after yet another massive hike but.......It was well worth it.

Now I have so much bait left over, rag, lug, mackerel strips, sandeel..........it would be a shame to let it all go to waste don't you think...............so I'm off to Town Quay for a few hours tonight, to see if I could tempt a sole or two and whatever lurks around.
Back to top Go down
claire_s_p
claire_s_p

Female Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Chesil again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chesil again   Chesil again Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 2:02 pm

Great to see you catching new species, those Gar fish are amazing looking Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.reels-on-wheels.org
Cakey

Female Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Chesil again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chesil again   Chesil again Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 10:02 am

I love the "wol" pose
Back to top Go down
tinytiddler
tinytiddler

Chesil again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chesil again   Chesil again Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 2:57 pm

lmao.....I learnt from the best...errrgh I mean the best 'nutters' Smile
Back to top Go down
Cakey

Chesil again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chesil again   Chesil again Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 3:57 pm

looks like Im the only sane one here
Back to top Go down
tinytiddler
tinytiddler

Chesil again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chesil again   Chesil again Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 4:18 pm

only coz you got the blue pills....have you worked the 'shoutbox' out yet? S. Spiller just joined
Back to top Go down
Cakey

Chesil again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chesil again   Chesil again Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 12:31 pm

no where is the shoutbox ?

bog off Steve tlt
Back to top Go down
tinytiddler
tinytiddler

Chesil again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chesil again   Chesil again Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 12:37 pm

Go to the homepage.....on top you see a black box, top right hand corner in the black box says log in....press it and you in the shoutbox.....at the bottom right hand corner of the shoutbox you find a field where you can type in to, then enter
Back to top Go down
Cakey

Chesil again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chesil again   Chesil again Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 11:49 am

thats the chat box ....yes ive been using it
only me on though ,keep chatting to my self
Back to top Go down
Cakey

Chesil again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chesil again   Chesil again Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 11:49 am

just like here
Back to top Go down
Cakey

Chesil again Empty

how many post before newbie goes ?
Back to top Go down
Cakey

Chesil again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chesil again   Chesil again Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 11:50 am

oh really that many
Back to top Go down
Cakey

Chesil again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chesil again   Chesil again Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 11:50 am

I will get there one day then
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chesil again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chesil again   Chesil again Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chesil again
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fishing.heaven :: Sea Fishing :: Shore Fishing-
Jump to: