Fishing.heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing.heaven

A social network for like minded anglers, we can share our knowledge, share our fishing exploits and generally have a good social time, loosely focussed on fishing.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Waverunner Baitboat:

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
activecarper
Regular
Regular
activecarper

Female Number of posts : 236
Location : sitting comfortable, but I need to go fishing instead!!
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Waverunner Baitboat: Empty
PostSubject: Waverunner Baitboat:   Waverunner Baitboat: Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 1:52 pm

Today I had the chance to see the Waverunner Baitboat, as DS had managed to purchase one, we put it outside alongside our SB3,

Waverunner Baitboat: Baitboats002

my first thoughts were wow what a massive boat, but having a closer look I could see it was made rather well, and liked the design, it looked heavy, but was quite light, and had places to hang your hooks, and for a fish finder if needed, its smooth exterior was nice, and the name was moulded into its sides.

They both went to test run the pair of them together, and came back very impressed with the Waverunner, Pl said it turned on a sixpence, which was a good feature, and it ran nicely through the water.
Ds was well chuffed with his new purchase, and i'm sure Pl said he would like one.... thinking don't think so...... lol!

here is both of the boats together... with the Waverunner looking like a daddy to our SB3..... sweet... lol!

Waverunner Baitboat: Baitboats003
Back to top Go down
claire_s_p
claire_s_p

Female Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Waverunner Baitboat:   Waverunner Baitboat: Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 1:24 pm

I have had a waverunner for about a year now and cannot fault it. I used it in France in April and only needed to charge it once all week and that was with boating out 5 rods.

It can carry a huge amount of bait in each hopper and as each one is realesed seperately you can put out two rods at once or one rod with a huge amount of bait.

I have used it at ranges of well over 200m and never had a problem with the range of the boat and handset.

The only down side that has been mentioned is that it isn't pocket sized .... more like the size of a pocket battleship.;
Back to top Go down
http://www.reels-on-wheels.org
activecarper
Regular
Regular
activecarper

PostSubject: Re: Waverunner Baitboat:   Waverunner Baitboat: Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 2:52 pm

well, great report claire, nice to know of someone who has used one, and has been really pleased with it as well, sounds good, I reckon DS will be well chuffed with this.... cheers
Back to top Go down
fishypaul
Regular
Regular
fishypaul

Male Number of posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: Waverunner Baitboat:   Waverunner Baitboat: Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 1:06 pm

we will be using one in france next week,i am a baitboat virgin so my verdict will be in on my return
Back to top Go down
activecarper
Regular
Regular
activecarper

PostSubject: Re: Waverunner Baitboat:   Waverunner Baitboat: Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 2:26 pm

looking forward to your input paul... ci
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Waverunner Baitboat:   Waverunner Baitboat: Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 2:46 pm

Bait boats will be a new experience for me too next week.

I will give my verdict on our return.
Back to top Go down
http://fishing.heavenforum.com
activecarper
Regular
Regular
activecarper

PostSubject: Re: Waverunner Baitboat:   Waverunner Baitboat: Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 12:33 pm

also looking forward to your input mike, but I must add, adding a bait boat to your kit is really a must, makes life a bit easier when trying to get to that out of reach or difficult area...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Waverunner Baitboat:   Waverunner Baitboat: Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 2:12 pm

I used a bait boat, a Viper III. was a godsend for the swim I had in France, I liked the ability to place bait and hookbaits exactly where I wanted. The only downside was that as a few of us were sharing it we needed to change the batteries far to often.

I do not know if this is the norm, but I could see on a long session without charging facilities this could be a pain.

It has made me think about building my own bait boat this winter, I will try and make one a bit smaller and more power efficient
Back to top Go down
http://fishing.heavenforum.com
pondlife
Regular
Regular
pondlife

Male Number of posts : 108

PostSubject: Re: Waverunner Baitboat:   Waverunner Baitboat: Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 6:41 am

Mines just done a four day session at a local lake and with two batteries lasted the time, if you can get to the swim with a vehicle, a 12v car battery will top the boat batteries enough to last a week. But weight is the problem, if you can't get close to the swim, carrying the load would be a bit much.
Back to top Go down
activecarper
Regular
Regular
activecarper

PostSubject: Re: Waverunner Baitboat:   Waverunner Baitboat: Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 1:32 pm

well. mike if a few of you were using it the boat must of done a fair few trips, maybe that was the reason it needed batteries changing??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waverunner Baitboat:   Waverunner Baitboat: Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Waverunner Baitboat:
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fishing.heaven :: Freshwater fishing :: Tackle Box-
Jump to: