Fishing.heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing.heaven

A social network for like minded anglers, we can share our knowledge, share our fishing exploits and generally have a good social time, loosely focussed on fishing.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why do I always take too much kit when carping

Go down 
+2
T-rouble
Admin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Why do I always take too much kit when carping Empty
PostSubject: Why do I always take too much kit when carping   Why do I always take too much kit when carping Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 11:25 am

I have just started to sort out my kit for our French Carp trip in 3 weeks, I already have a mountain of gear and I have only sorted the tackle bait and rods!!

The list I made is nearly 2 pages long, I really need to cut down a bit.

What are the items you always pack, but never use??
Back to top Go down
http://fishing.heavenforum.com
T-rouble
Regular
Regular

Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Why do I always take too much kit when carping   Why do I always take too much kit when carping Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 12:56 pm

If you are on about what you take to France I really think you have to take more than you need,if possible,to overcome any problems you might have.
The same could apply to fishing sessions in the UK but on a smaller scale.
I'm just as guilty as the next as regards taking to much gear.I do try to trim down what I take but it never works.Food,for example,always take too much.Bait is another example,to much and too many variations.Always take spare clothes as well and never use them.I'm sure I could lighten mt tackle box but I always think I'll need what I've got.
I would love to do weekend sessions under a brolly but now a days you just can't rely on the weather,so a bivvy is a heavy essential.

Don't know what the answer is.
Back to top Go down
activecarper
Regular
Regular
activecarper

Female Number of posts : 236
Location : sitting comfortable, but I need to go fishing instead!!

PostSubject: Re: Why do I always take too much kit when carping   Why do I always take too much kit when carping Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 2:14 pm

sorry im guilty as you both... by taking all the essential items, you need to be comfortable .. esp in france, you cant pop home for a few bits..... lol!
Back to top Go down
Greenheart

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Why do I always take too much kit when carping   Why do I always take too much kit when carping Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 12:06 pm

And don't forget the Corkscrew mike..... Wink
Back to top Go down
fishypaul
Regular
Regular
fishypaul

Male Number of posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: Why do I always take too much kit when carping   Why do I always take too much kit when carping Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 1:05 pm

i can beat you mike,my list is 4 pages long,i havnt learnt from last year,but , lets face it,its my car and i might as well fill it up,
Back to top Go down
activecarper
Regular
Regular
activecarper

PostSubject: Re: Why do I always take too much kit when carping   Why do I always take too much kit when carping Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 2:25 pm

dont blame you paul, nice to have a bit of comfort on the bank... and why not?? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Why do I always take too much kit when carping   Why do I always take too much kit when carping Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 2:44 pm

I have spent an hour each evening for most of the last week tying rigs, i now have about 45 different rigs.

"D" rigs, for pop up baits fluoro and braid
"blow back" stiff rigs for neutral baits
flouro hair rigs
braid hair rigs
different sized hooks

long links and short links

even tied a few rigs for catfish.

and I have all the makings for about as many more.

I hope I am prepared now!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://fishing.heavenforum.com
activecarper
Regular
Regular
activecarper

PostSubject: Re: Why do I always take too much kit when carping   Why do I always take too much kit when carping Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 12:34 pm

mmmmm I reckon you may have enough rigs mike.... lol!
Back to top Go down
pondlife
Regular
Regular
pondlife

Male Number of posts : 108

PostSubject: Re: Why do I always take too much kit when carping   Why do I always take too much kit when carping Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 5:22 am

I was fishing in France a few years ago, and while sat there waiting for a run i counted all the things i didn't really need to take, quite a bit by all accounts, but i've been back several times since and i still take it all, habit i think.
Back to top Go down
T-rouble
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: Why do I always take too much kit when carping   Why do I always take too much kit when carping Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 10:58 am

If travelling a long distance to go fishing, like France, you can never take too much gear, as long as you've got space in the vehicle to put it all. Nothing worse than getting all that way and forgetting something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do I always take too much kit when carping   Why do I always take too much kit when carping Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why do I always take too much kit when carping
Page 1 of 1