Fishing.heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing.heaven

A social network for like minded anglers, we can share our knowledge, share our fishing exploits and generally have a good social time, loosely focussed on fishing.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It all went balls up

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tinytiddler
tinytiddler

Female Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-06-28

It all went balls up Empty
PostSubject: It all went balls up   It all went balls up Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 6:28 am

After finally getting some minor details of which boat we going out on, the timings etc I set up at 5am to face my fears once again. Will I be doomed to 'groundbait' again or was the last time just a 'slip out'? Well, I'll be soon finding out.

Arrived at Weymouth tackle shop at 6.20am, soon after Paul my work mate and his dad arrived too.
We took a quick walk to have a look at 'Adie's spirit' the boat we were going out on....it looked pretty good, so with the weather looking good, we were in good spirit.

A quick walk back to the tackle shop, picking up some bait, ragworm and squid, Paul also treated himself to a wet suit and soon we on our way to the boat.

Soon the other anglers arrived and after a quick introduction and getting the gear on board we were on our way.

It all went balls up DSC00335

This chap is the spiting image of my mate 'brummi', I could have sworn he was his brother lol
It all went balls up DSC00333

And if anyone at work ever says 'Paul has no balls' I can prove them different....he has!!! Rather large ones too lol Wink
It all went balls up DSC00334

Anyway, back to fishing......not long before we got to get to wet the line for the first time, out came the feathers and I had to show the guys how to catch mackerel lol.....I managed to catch loads and big ones too.

That's some more bait sorted, so off we went a bit further out....don't ask me were or which direction.....all I know I could still see shore, something for me to focus on.

Away the lines went back in to the water and not too long before I thought I had a clonker on, Paul was in to a good one too. I started to reel in and it certainly felt like a gooden until we discovered I was tangled with Paul's line, however, there was a fish on the other line, at this stage we just didn't know on which hook.

A cracking 6lb10oz brill was finally netted, question was though, who's fish it is? After a few seconds we discovered it was caught on Paul's hook, well done mate, a cracking looking fish.

It all went balls up DSC00338

As I hadn't had a nibble so far I decided to use my 'secret' bait I bought at tesco's the day before...raw king prawns.
And what can I say...it worked a treat, soon I caught my very first turbot weighing 4lb 4oz

It all went balls up DSC00339

Needless to say that I was over the moon.

Sadly however my luck didn't last long, soon after I got this dreadful feeling in my stomach again....yes you guest right!!! Suddenly I felt in and out of a coma again and the 'groundbaiting' begun. Darn it!!!!!!

I was hoping last time was a one off but even though I managed to get hold of my normal travelling tablet, nothing seemed to work any more.

So I spend around 4-5 hrs of the trip falling in and out of a coma, fitting a bit of 'groundbaiting' in between.

I know the rest of the guys had some cracking fish, rays, eels, bream and god knows what else.
I think Paul managed a cracking bull huss too, will try to get a few piccis from him.

It was time to head back, with a couple of stops trying for some cod and wrasse, by then I recovered a little and even managed about 5 cod but sadly no wrasse.

Well, I decided that this would be my last boat trip, no good spending good money if I can't get any fishing done, nor enjoy the trip.

Thanks to Paul for helping me out with the rigs etc, no doubt on Monday I will have to put up with a huge amount of pi** take at work lol but hey.....I'm can take it, as long as they don't rock the boat lol Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.fishing.heavenforum.com
activecarper
Regular
Regular
activecarper

Female Number of posts : 236
Location : sitting comfortable, but I need to go fishing instead!!

PostSubject: Re: It all went balls up   It all went balls up Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 6:39 am

great write up tt, sorry to hear you didn't do very well , i'm going to give you 10/10 for persevering, which is more than I would do...

so weldone girl, you did good. ci ps.... got to agree, they were big balls!!
Back to top Go down
claire_s_p
claire_s_p

Female Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-07-07

PostSubject: Re: It all went balls up   It all went balls up Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 7:28 am

Well done on overcoming the motion to at least get some fishing in. Some nice fish caught before the motion got to you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reels-on-wheels.org
T-rouble
Regular
Regular

Male Number of posts : 80

PostSubject: Re: It all went balls up   It all went balls up Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 9:46 am

Sorry to read that you were Ill yet again TT but a big well done to you for going,knowing that being on the water doesn't do you any good.I think you have made a wise decision not to go out again.

As for the report,excellent,and well done to all who caught fish, including you TT.
Back to top Go down
fishypaul
Regular
Regular
fishypaul

Male Number of posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: It all went balls up   It all went balls up Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 2:32 pm

lovely turbot claudia,shame about the groundbaiting ,
Back to top Go down
activecarper
Regular
Regular
activecarper

Female Number of posts : 236
Location : sitting comfortable, but I need to go fishing instead!!

PostSubject: Re: It all went balls up   It all went balls up Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 2:38 pm

oh I don't know paul......... the fish probably had a good feast!! laugh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It all went balls up   It all went balls up Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It all went balls up
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fishing.heaven :: Sea Fishing :: Boat Fishing-
Jump to: