Fishing.heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing.heaven

A social network for like minded anglers, we can share our knowledge, share our fishing exploits and generally have a good social time, loosely focussed on fishing.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wet Weekend

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
T-rouble
Regular
Regular

Male Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Wet Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Wet Weekend   Wet Weekend Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 1:10 pm

My Son and I decided to fish Merrington Carp Fishery in Shropshire this weekend.We arrived early Friday morning and set up in pegs 1 and 2. This pleased me because it was very close to the car park. No I'm not lazy, Just been suffering with a back injury. Anyway we just got all sorted, baited up, rods out and the rain came down. Friday it was mainly showers with nice sunny spells.Saturday almost the same but the showers were heavier and it there was a coldish wind.Sat night the rain came and didn't stop untill 8am Sun.We decided to pack up quick before the heavens opened up again,almost done,then yes you guessed,down came the rain and we got soaked.
Andy caught 4 carp,biggest was 14lb8oz Mirror, the other 3 were small Commons. I blanked.
It was a cold and very wet session and to be honest I was glad to get home.Not too concerned about the wind and the cold but it's never very comfortable to be in the wet.
Back to top Go down
activecarper
Regular
Regular
activecarper

Female Number of posts : 236
Location : sitting comfortable, but I need to go fishing instead!!

Wet Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wet Weekend   Wet Weekend Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 1:27 pm

tr, such a shame the weather was awful for you and your sons trip, brilliant news that Andy caught tho, that had to be worth it, I bet he was pleased?

maybe next time will be better for you both.. but weldone for your persistance.
Back to top Go down
tinytiddler
tinytiddler

Female Number of posts : 80

Wet Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wet Weekend   Wet Weekend Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 1:49 pm

Sorry to hear you had a bad weekend....I know what you mean, the wind is not a big deal but the dampness gets right in to your bones.....at least your son caught and it wasn't a total wasted weekend.

When willl we ever have a proper summer again?
Back to top Go down
http://www.fishing.heavenforum.com
activecarper
Regular
Regular
activecarper

Wet Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wet Weekend   Wet Weekend Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 1:51 pm

soon I hope tt..... Laughing
Back to top Go down
T-rouble
Regular
Regular

Male Number of posts : 80

Wet Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wet Weekend   Wet Weekend Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 2:33 pm

Those warm dry summers are a thing of the past.
Back to top Go down
pondlife
Regular
Regular
pondlife

Male Number of posts : 108

Wet Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wet Weekend   Wet Weekend Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 2:35 pm

Never mind TR, least you got out there and had a go, you'll be even more Keen to have another go soon, can't believe how much rain we're getting, don't want to stop does it
Back to top Go down
activecarper
Regular
Regular
activecarper

Wet Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wet Weekend   Wet Weekend Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 2:35 pm

think you could be right tr Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wet Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wet Weekend   Wet Weekend Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wet Weekend
Page 1 of 1