Fishing.heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing.heaven

A social network for like minded anglers, we can share our knowledge, share our fishing exploits and generally have a good social time, loosely focussed on fishing.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Unhooking mats

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Unhooking mats Empty
PostSubject: Unhooking mats   Unhooking mats Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 9:28 am

I just wondered when and why people use unhooking mats.

Is it only for big fish, or do you use them all the time?
Are they ALWAYS the best option, or is soft wet grass on a hot summer day better than a plastic mat left to bake it the sun?

Unhooking mats have now become essential kit and I think there use is often overstated, should common sense be used instead of a blanket "unhooking mats to be used at all times" rule?
Back to top Go down
http://fishing.heavenforum.com
jules
jules

Male Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Unhooking mats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unhooking mats   Unhooking mats Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 4:38 pm

I use a large unhooking mat for all fish. BUT you MUST make shore that you WET the mat before putting any fish on it, also it is some where soft to put a fish on .So if the fish start to flap about there is less change of it damageing its self. Without a mat you cannot alway find a soft damp place on the bank so you will have a problem. thinking
Back to top Go down
activecarper
Regular
Regular
activecarper

Female Number of posts : 236
Location : sitting comfortable, but I need to go fishing instead!!
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Unhooking mats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unhooking mats   Unhooking mats Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 2:31 pm

don't go fishing without a mat, always think of the catch first and foremost, plus, if you don't catch anything you can always sit on it.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Unhooking mats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unhooking mats   Unhooking mats Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unhooking mats
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fishing.heaven :: Freshwater fishing :: Fish care and correct handling-
Jump to: