Fishing.heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing.heaven

A social network for like minded anglers, we can share our knowledge, share our fishing exploits and generally have a good social time, loosely focussed on fishing.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Posting threads with pictures

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Posting threads with pictures Empty
PostSubject: Posting threads with pictures   Posting threads with pictures Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 12:57 pm

I have noticed a few people have asked how to add pictures to a post.

Here is a simple way I do it using Photobucket, this is a free image hosting site that you upload the pictures to first and then link to in your post.

First go to http://photobucket.com

set yourself up an account.

once you have an account ( they are free ) set up what size you want the images to be.

This saves you having to resize all your pictures before you upload them.
here is how you access the picture sizing option when logged into Photobucket

Posting threads with pictures Options1

Posting threads with pictures Picturesize

As you can see I have selected 640 by 480 but 800 by 600 is quite good too but does make a slower download for anyone viewing the page.

using the BROWSE button you find the picture to want to upload from your computer and when you have all the ones selected use the UPLOAD button to put them into Photobucket ( You can see this in the first picture)

when they have uploaded you will see them in the lower half of the screen.

I then open up a word pad or notepad text document and start typing in my report, when i want to insert a picture I click on the "image code" box ( arrowed here )

Posting threads with pictures Imagecode

you will see a little yellow box come up next to it saying " copied "

then you paste it into the wordpad document, like this

Posting threads with pictures Textdocument

you can repeat this until you have all the pictures into your report.

when you have re read it and made sure you are happy with it, select all ( one of the edit options or use " Ctrl A " so everything is blue highlighted then copy it ( "Ctrl C" is a short cut).

Then paste it into your posting window on the Forum ("Ctrl V" is the paste short cut)

Posting threads with pictures Untitled1

Once this is done add a title and use the PREVIEW button and check it looks like you expected, you can make small edits etc in the posting box if you need to and then SEND button to post it.

I hope that is simple enough to follow, I use this method because I do not have to do the post all in one go, I can save the text document and come back to it later if I need to, and it save a lot of retyping if something goes wrong.
Back to top Go down
http://fishing.heavenforum.com

Posting threads with pictures
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fishing.heaven :: Introductions :: Forum Help. Questions and Answers-
Jump to: