Fishing.heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing.heaven

A social network for like minded anglers, we can share our knowledge, share our fishing exploits and generally have a good social time, loosely focussed on fishing.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OOOOUUUUCCCCHHHHH

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
T-rouble
Regular
Regular

Male Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-06-28

OOOOUUUUCCCCHHHHH Empty
PostSubject: OOOOUUUUCCCCHHHHH   OOOOUUUUCCCCHHHHH Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 1:14 pm

Had a bit of an accident at work today.
A stubborn bolt wouldn't undo,so Andy said he'll go get the Oxyacetylene bottles.He lit the torch and I was on the spanner.After a bit of heat the bolt started to move,yes cracked it,I said.I moved my left hand to get a better grip and all of a sudden felt a burning sensation on my left hand.As you can imagine,I moved my hand away quite sharpish.On looking at my hand I saw the damage,my finger, next to the index, had the skin on one side of it burnt away.Quick dash to the cold water tap to cool it down and wash my hands.Andy dressed it for me correctly.
Now it is bleeding throbbing and sore.
Andy blamed himself for not concentrating but I told him not to be daft,it was an accident.

Andy then continued to finish off a job he was on and whilst replacing the battery he damaged an Air Conditioning pipe and elcetric sensor,this will cost him £100+vat to get repaired.He won't be making anything out of the whole job now.

Today has been just one of those days.
Back to top Go down
tinytiddler
tinytiddler

Female Number of posts : 80

OOOOUUUUCCCCHHHHH Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOOOUUUUCCCCHHHHH   OOOOUUUUCCCCHHHHH Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 2:00 pm

Sorry to hear about your bad day and injury, i suggest you go and see the doc just to be on the save side. you don't want to get an infection.

Hope you will better real soon kisskiss
Back to top Go down
http://www.fishing.heavenforum.com
fishypaul
Regular
Regular
fishypaul

Male Number of posts : 64

OOOOUUUUCCCCHHHHH Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOOOUUUUCCCCHHHHH   OOOOUUUUCCCCHHHHH Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 2:09 pm

as you said, ouch !! hope it gets better soon mate
Back to top Go down
T-rouble
Regular
Regular

OOOOUUUUCCCCHHHHH Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOOOUUUUCCCCHHHHH   OOOOUUUUCCCCHHHHH Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 2:14 pm

Thanks guys.....All in a days work really but as I said,not one of my better days laugh
Back to top Go down
activecarper
Regular
Regular
activecarper

Female Number of posts : 236
Location : sitting comfortable, but I need to go fishing instead!!

OOOOUUUUCCCCHHHHH Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOOOUUUUCCCCHHHHH   OOOOUUUUCCCCHHHHH Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 2:37 pm

oh dear tr.... a bad back previously, a poorly finger now... there there take it steady, have a sit down... grmp better keep an eye on it tr, as may easily go septic, did you put some bacti-gras on it?? this is a vaseline/iodine solution gauze that helps with healing...

I suggest a trip to an out patients is a good idea.... take it steady ....
Back to top Go down
claire_s_p
claire_s_p

Female Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-07-07

OOOOUUUUCCCCHHHHH Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOOOUUUUCCCCHHHHH   OOOOUUUUCCCCHHHHH Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 3:04 pm

I have to agree with everyone else .... it is best to get it checked out.

Hope it feels better soon
Back to top Go down
http://www.reels-on-wheels.org
activecarper
Regular
Regular
activecarper

OOOOUUUUCCCCHHHHH Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOOOUUUUCCCCHHHHH   OOOOUUUUCCCCHHHHH Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 2:42 pm

how's that finger today tr??
Back to top Go down
T-rouble
Regular
Regular

OOOOUUUUCCCCHHHHH Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOOOUUUUCCCCHHHHH   OOOOUUUUCCCCHHHHH Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 3:25 pm

Well I've done what I had to do today,took me longer and had to work late,but the finger is ok thanks.Bit sore now though but I'll be asleep in an hour so won't feel it....lol
Back to top Go down
activecarper
Regular
Regular
activecarper

OOOOUUUUCCCCHHHHH Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOOOUUUUCCCCHHHHH   OOOOUUUUCCCCHHHHH Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 4:14 pm

pmsl.. can't believe you haven't had it looked at.... affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

OOOOUUUUCCCCHHHHH Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOOOUUUUCCCCHHHHH   OOOOUUUUCCCCHHHHH Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OOOOUUUUCCCCHHHHH
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fishing.heaven :: Non Fishing :: Non Fishing Chat area-
Jump to: